Manager of Field Operations
Location: Santa Cruz
Category: Administrative, Delivery Services, Management, Other Sales
Zip Code: 95060
Employment Type: Full time
Job Description:SALARY: $57,000-$60,000 per year, based on experience
SC Laboratories is the leader in quality assurance and regulatory compliance testing for the cannabis industry. Founded in 2010, SC Labs is a rapidly growing analytical laboratory that performs a variety of assays for this rapidly growing sector. With facilities in Northern and Southern California as well as Tigard, Oregon, SC Labs continues to experience rapid expansion.
We are seeking to add on to our collaborative team environment within our Santa Cruz laboratory, and currently have an open position for a Manager of Field Operations.
Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and follow Quality System documents relevant to responsibilities, e.g., Quality Manual, SOPs, and Methods
- Oversee the Fleet Logistics & Sampling Coordinator, Field Technicians and Couriers/Drivers to ensure compliant, proficient and effective cannabis goods sampling while providing optimum customer service
- Monitor the performance levels of all departmental personnel to ensure customer satisfaction and quality/safety standards are met
- Ensure efficient scheduling/dispatching of all field service personnel across multiple territories within California.
- Manage the vehicle fleet including maintenance, adherence to applicable standards (i.e. DOT, vehicle codes), etc.
- Ensure field service personnel are trained and adhere to commercial vehicle driving standards, rules/regulations, etc.
- Provide oversight to both the electronic and manual systems associated with fleet management monitoring software and scheduling/dispatching programs
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and training all personnel in various sampling activities to ensure compliance with state regulations, SOPs, data integrity principles, quality and security policies, etc.
- Develop standard operating procedures for all field service operations
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess departmental performance and implement continuous improvements
- Support field service team in goal setting and achievements
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external partners
- Conduct other assignments as identified by management
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Familiarity with CRM, knowledge of cannabis and the variety of cannabis products preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication and customer service skills; excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop team members; ability to drive operational effort including customer relations, fleet maintenance, safety, quality and project management; ability to use Microsoft Office applications and email; ability to adapt to a varied clientele; ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to demonstrate and maintain a clean driving record
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related supply chain/logistics field with scientific background preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a field management role, with a strong customer service and logistics background