Medical Director in Moreno Valley
Location: Moreno Valley
Employment Type: Full time
Job Description:Aywick Incubation Fund CA is a San Francisco-based investment company operating in the medical cannabis industry. We are a team of dynamic business people, driven by the commitment to helping medical cannabis patients and the communities we operate in. Willing to invest in local talent, we are looking for a Medical Director in the city of Moreno Valley, CA, to overseeing our dispensary’s patient care and education program.
Experience in the industry, as described in the specific job posting is certainly a must, but a high premium will be placed on professional and character references. The individuals we are looking for need to be emotionally intelligent, self-directed and able to problem solve in high pressure situations. They will represent the company’s commitment to high quality patient care, service and products in their daily interactions with the public.
- Provides medical expertise with respect to planning and establishing goals and policies to improve patient and customer care.
- Oversees the activities of the dispensary including customer and patient interactions. Monitors quality and consistency of products ensuring specifications are maintained.
- Supervises the development and implementation of review and improvement processes for patient education and support provided by the dispensary.
- Provides oversight for the development and dissemination of educational materials for qualifying patients and designated caregivers.
- Develops and provides training to the dispensary’s dispensary agents on guidelines for providing information and support to customers and patients.
- Oversees product development by ensuring the proper tasks are executed and sanitation levels are maintained to maintain superior product quality.
- Oversees patient care and education programs.
- Must be licensed and able to supervise the activities of the dispensary.
- Experience with epileptic patients; cancer patients; patients with severe seizures or muscle spasms is preferred.
- Knowledge of the use of cannabis for treatment of cancer or physical medical conditions that chronically produce symptoms of seizures or severe and persistent muscle spasms.
- Requires a medical degree from an accredited university.
- Knowledge of analytical and organic chemistry.
- Knowledge of analytical laboratory methods.
- Knowledge of analytical laboratory quality control, including maintaining a chain of custody.
- Knowledge of cannabis routes of administration.
- Experience in or knowledge of clinical trials or observational studies.
- Experience with or knowledge of botanical medicines.
- Experience with dispensing medications.
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- Possesses valid driver’s license or state ID.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance). This job function may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.